A sterile, indirect dressing in the form of flat tiles containing calcium alginate enriched with silver ions
ANTIBACTERIAL – ABSORPTION – COAGULANT – ANTI-INFLAMMATORY – EASILY CUT INTO ANY SIZE- STERILE
Content: Three dressings in a unit carton packaging
High absorption: it is capable of absorbing 10-20 times its weight. It can absorb and lock the exudate of its own weight and extend the use time.
Supports of coagulation processes- when applied to a wound there will be an ion-exchange between the calcium in the dressing and sodium from the exudate which is necessary in coagulation process.
Provides a moist environment: suitable for treating wounds with moderate to severe exudate. In contact with wound calcium alginate transforms into a gentle gel, which absorbs wound exudate and promotes wound healing.
Antibacterial: silver ions are simultaneously released into the wound and act as bactericide.
- Both Shallow and deep wound
- Penetrating Wounds
- Both Infected and clean wounds
1. Rinse the wound with Polisept Vet Irrigation Silver Pro
2. Dry the skin around the wound and slightly moisten the wound bed
3. Adjust the size of the dressing to cover the entire surface of the wound, leaving an additional 2cm margin
4. Place the dressing directly on the wound.
5. For deep wounds, fill them with a properly sized and shaped piece of dressing.
6. Cover the dressing with an additional external dressing.
Frequency of dressing change
- Abundant exudate: the dressing must be changed daily in the initial period of treatment, later twice a week.
- Scanty exudate: change dressing twice a week
- On infected wounds, the dressing should be applied and changed one a day (or depending on the severity of the infection)